BISS ACAMIS Model United Nations 2010
Please register in the following format:
COMMITTEE followed by DELEGATION
e.g. Human Rights USA will be HRUSA
ECOSOC Singapore will be ECOSOCSingapore
Environment Ghana will be ENVGhana
Accounts will be deleted if they do not follow such format.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please register in the following format:
COMMITTEE followed by DELEGATION
e.g. Human Rights USA will be HRUSA
ECOSOC Singapore will be ECOSOCSingapore
Environment Ghana will be ENVGhana
Accounts will be deleted if they do not follow such format.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first BISS ACAMIS Model United Nations will be hosted at BISS Pudong on Saturday, 27 February 2010.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alternate energy

+5
HRBangladesh
ENVSouthKorea
HR-Egypt
PABrazil
ENVGhana
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Alternate energy Empty Alternate energy Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:08 pm

ENVGhana

ENVGhana

Hello everybody first time posting on the forum; the first Thing I need to say is

WELCOME!

You can post anything to inform other people about this issue or just say what you think. For PROs in the MUN please help the newcomers and answer questions questioned. Personal pronoun is usable here don't be afarid.

ALTERNATE ENERGY
Today's world is polluted with our waste from burnning fossil fuels and the forest reduction. Energy is the main reason for this. Never there is a time in history that the temperature is getting warmer nad warmer and warmer. Alternate energy is a possible solution for this. Many countries would change to alternative resources and such that will help the world a better place. what do you think?

Last edited by ENVGhana on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Alternate energy Empty I agree with you Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:10 pm

PABrazil

PABrazil

I agree with you but alternative energy sources won't make alot of energy

3Alternate energy Empty Re: Alternate energy Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:12 pm

ENVGhana

ENVGhana

true, but if everyone doing it then there'll be much more impact right? or rather at least most countries

4Alternate energy Empty Hello Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:35 pm

HR-Egypt

HR-Egypt

ENVGhana wrote:
Hello everybody first time posting on the forum; the first Thing I need to say is

WELCOME!

You can post anything to inform other people about this issue or just say what you think. For PROs in the MUN please help the newcomers and answer questions questioned. Personal pronoun is usable here don't be afarid.
Well Said

5Alternate energy Empty Re: Alternate energy Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:33 pm

ENVSouthKorea

Well, the think that alternative energy won't make a lot of energy is wrong. In Korea there is one big island where people only live with one solar power station. And there was a solution for the replacement which was geothermal energy however it could not happen becaue of the oil companies.

6Alternate energy Empty People Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:58 pm

ENVGhana

ENVGhana

Well it's actually ourselves with great reliance on fossil fuel and all those things. We're making those green house gasses cause we WANT to have it. We want to have cars, lights, and a lot of convenient things that prevents us from using alternative energy. Probably we need every country to work out the problem cause it's more of a global thing.

7Alternate energy Empty my reply Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:01 pm

HRBangladesh

HRBangladesh

solar power has many advantages being cheap, renewable and clean, no carbon dioxide is released and large amounts of solar power can produce a lot of energy

8Alternate energy Empty Re: Alternate energy Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:07 pm

ENVGhana

ENVGhana

right, but nowadays the efficiency for solar panel are about 10-15% efficiency. That pretty low. But there are some ways to make it better, like there was a documentary in Discovery channel and they made a flexible material to focus the sun energy and improve the efficiency significantly

9Alternate energy Empty Re: Alternate energy Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:13 pm

ECOSOCChair

ECOSOCChair

Solar energy isn't the only alternative energy available. We need to find or develop better sources of energy, ones that are more efficient and sustainable.

https://bissmun.forumotion.net

10Alternate energy Empty Re: Alternate energy Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:39 pm

ENVChair

It is true that the sustainable energy industry is still pretty underdeveloped. Many forms of producing sustainable energy are not as efficient and reliable as they depend on weather circumstances. One solution is the connection of the production of various sustainable energy. Read about the EU Northsea supergrid planned by 9 EU countries under "Brief Summary" in this Forum. Harnessing solar energy and having the ability to store it for usage during night time is actually pretty expensive. However, it is still more environmentally friendly, and plausible for countries with huge amount of infertile land e.g. deserts.

Thank you Ghana for introducing everyone to the forum. New members of MUN, be brave and start posting your ideas! We are all here to help! Very Happy

Last edited by ENVChair on Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

11Alternate energy Empty Re: Alternate energy Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:29 pm

ECOSOCRussia

ECOSOCRussia

In my humble opinion, nuclear power is by far the most promising of all energy sources. Of course, then there are issues about contingencies with power plants like Chernobyl, or nuclear proliferation. Regardless, nuclear power efficiency is miles ahead of whatever solar technology exists today. Scientists are talking about having solar panels on satellites beaming down energy to the earth in the form of microwave radiation, but that's clearly venturing into the realms of science fiction.

Waste will no longer be an issue with the Generation IV reactors on their way. They are promised to remove all waste. However, that said, even now, waste produced now by nuclear power is absolutely trivial in volume, and can be stored deep underground with no trouble. Embrace the atomic age, friends.

Just my two cents. Clearly not my department(ECOSOC), hence the absence of formalities.

12Alternate energy Empty maybe Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:52 pm

ENVAfghanistan

ENVAfghanistan

You may be correct Suspect

Last edited by ENVAfghanistan on Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:27 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I accidentaly wrote nothing and didn't want to waste anybody's time)

13Alternate energy Empty Perhaps we are wrong Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:25 pm

ENVAfghanistan

ENVAfghanistan

This may sound stupid, but there are many people who believe that its NOT us thats the problem. There have been many shifts in climate change, miniture ice ages and heat like ours. but they kept on going up and down, and in fact when we had the industrial revolution the temperature went DOWN. so it might not be us. Smile However, it is safer to go with the fact that we are causing this heat, as I may be wrong. Neutral

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]