BISS ACAMIS Model United Nations 2010
Please register in the following format:
COMMITTEE followed by DELEGATION
e.g. Human Rights USA will be HRUSA
ECOSOC Singapore will be ECOSOCSingapore
Environment Ghana will be ENVGhana
Accounts will be deleted if they do not follow such format.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please register in the following format:
COMMITTEE followed by DELEGATION
e.g. Human Rights USA will be HRUSA
ECOSOC Singapore will be ECOSOCSingapore
Environment Ghana will be ENVGhana
Accounts will be deleted if they do not follow such format.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first BISS ACAMIS Model United Nations will be hosted at BISS Pudong on Saturday, 27 February 2010.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question about scope of committee questions.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

FACEdmunds

Hi all!

We're very much looking forward to coming to the MUN. Thanks BISS for all your work.

I have a quick question about the possible scope of committee questions. Some of our students have wondered if their resolutions have to be completely bounded by the constraints of the question. For example, one committee question is about trade sanctions again countries USING child labour. One of my students rightly pointed out that perhaps countries INVESTING in countries that use child labour should also be targeted in the resolution. What do you think? Can we 'bend' the questions if it's relevant?

Cheers,

Simon.

FACschnarr

I think so. If the goal is to combat child labour then we need to be free to entertain other possibilities, either along with or in place of sanctions. That's my take, anyway. My only concern would be that the wider scope would be a bit harder to tackle on the truncated timetable.

Graeme (Dulwich)

ECOSOCChair

ECOSOCChair

I think that's fine. We will be choosing resolutions to be discussed at the conference once everyone has finished them. We will carry out pre-conference discussions on the forum.

https://bissmun.forumotion.net

FACEdmunds

Thanks for the replies.

Simon.

5Question about scope of committee questions. Empty Scope of debates Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:41 pm

FACJoseph

It's possible that some delegates are likely to explore the topics from a broader point of view. I think that so long as the core issue is addressed and acts as the guideline, then there won't be much harm.
Simon, thank you for the compliments!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum