BISS ACAMIS Model United Nations 2010
Please register in the following format:
COMMITTEE followed by DELEGATION
e.g. Human Rights USA will be HRUSA
ECOSOC Singapore will be ECOSOCSingapore
Environment Ghana will be ENVGhana
Accounts will be deleted if they do not follow such format.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please register in the following format:
COMMITTEE followed by DELEGATION
e.g. Human Rights USA will be HRUSA
ECOSOC Singapore will be ECOSOCSingapore
Environment Ghana will be ENVGhana
Accounts will be deleted if they do not follow such format.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first BISS ACAMIS Model United Nations will be hosted at BISS Pudong on Saturday, 27 February 2010.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Draft Resolution

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Draft Resolution Empty Draft Resolution Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:49 am

ENVPhilippines2

Here are my draft ideas. Please feel free to give comments or constructive feedbacks.
Concerned that the average global temperature in the 20th century gained between 0.7 to 1 degrees Celsius and people are presuming that the world will gain between 1.1 to 6.4 degrease Celsius during the 21st century and the beginning of 22nd century,

Convinced that expanding the use of solar energy will decrease our reliance on non-renewable sources,

Pointing out that the Philippines have successfully developed geothermal energy production and installed more than 1900 megawatts, and that they could distribute their technology and expertise to other nations,

Realizing that non-renewable sources fossil fuels are expected to be all used up within 40-70 years which will lead to a serious problems for people in the future,

Aware that hydrogen fuel is a proven and successful way to reduce fossil fuel usage in transportation,

1. Recommends High Economically Developed Countries and China to help produce and export more solar panels to developing or under developed countries at subsidized prices;
2. Encourages member states to rely more geothermal energy power technology and highly recommends Philippines to share their geothermal expertise and technology;
3. Urges the Philippines to share their hydro energy technology with countries like The United States of America or South Korea that have overly high rates of personal car ownership.

2Draft Resolution Empty Re: Draft Resolution Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:11 pm

ENVChair

Thank you delegate for sharing your resolution.

Some thoughts on your resolution.
While it is important that the LEDCs also get sustainable forms of energy, we have to remember that most MEDCs themselves still reply on fossil fuels and need sustainable forms of energy for themselves. Also, the topic specifically address MEDCs.

For Clause 2, we need more specifics. How can this sharing be done? And apparently, you have done good research on the Philippines, WELL DONE!

While it is nice you have the specific examples in Clauses 3, how can this be applied in a more general, international community? Other than the Philippines, how would other nations with similar technology share it.

And remember the topic is on the reduction. While is it important that as we phase out fossil fuels, we simultaneously bring in renewable energy. But how can we reduce the usage on fossil fuels in the first place?

Overall, I really like your ideas! Continue your research and I hope you found my suggestions useful.

And for the other delegates, what ideas do you guys have? Post them here can we can discuss!

Very Happy

3Draft Resolution Empty Reply - Chair Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:44 pm

ENVPhilippines2

Thanks for your feedback.
However, I am not sure how I can make your suggestion
by making my third clause into a more general and making
it more into an international community.
If you can explain this comment more specifically, it will
really be helpful for me to polish my clause.
Thank you!

4Draft Resolution Empty Re: Draft Resolution Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:07 pm

ENVChair

Hi delegate,

Thank you for your interest in the issue, and I applaud your efforts to improve your resolution.

Firstly, I apologise for my ambiguity. Next, on your third clause. While it is a really good idea, for a broad topic like policy to reduce fossil consumption, it is too country-specific. The United States and South Korea would benefit but what about other countries who might also want and need to learn such technology or even those who wish to share their technology? Some ideas would be a UN-hosted multi-lateral forum or an expo where countries can share their technology with each other through experts and researchers, and at the same time educate the public. With such a measure in place, more countries are able to participate instead of just the three mentioned countries.

Of course, these are the common ideas. If you have any creative ideas, please feel free to include them in your resolution, or since they have been submitted to BISSMUN, bring along your ideas for amendments.

Smile

5Draft Resolution Empty To the Chair RE: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:21 pm

ENVPhilippines2

Thank you very much for your kind feedbacks!
Now I understand your recommendation!
And, I certainly agreed to your recommendation and I believe
that this will help me to suit better resolution!
I'll post my clauses when I correct it!
It will be great if you can leave some comments too!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum